Spanish Host Family (Homestay) in Madrid
Living with a host family is the best way to fully immerse yourself in Spanish culture and to learn the language intensively.
Your Host Family (Homestay)
Benefits of living with a Host Family (Homestay)
- You can totally immerse yourself in the language and Spanish culture.
- You can enjoy the relaxed atmosphere that comes with living with a family.
- You can sample typical Spanish cooking, prepared by your Host family.
What you can expect from your Host Family (Homestay)
- The family will make you feel like you are in your own home and accommodate your needs.
- Share your experiences from your home country and discover the similarities and differences with Spanish lifestyle. Your Spanish family will help you adjust you to your new environment.
- You will find your hosts welcoming, kind, talkative and friendly. Many of our students stay in touch with their Spanish family after leaving Madrid and become lifetlong friends.
- Guests are prohibited.
Host families live in pleasant and safe residential neighbourhoods, all well connected to the centre of Madrid by public transport.
What is expected of you
- You need to be considerate to the habits and customs of your Spanish family and may have to adapt your behavior in a way to comply with this. For example many newcomers to Spain are surprised to find that nobody eats dinner before 9pm. Your Spanish Host family will tell you if there are any specifics that you should be aware of.
- You will have your own set of keys and are free to come and go as you please. You will be treated as an adult and are expected to behave as such.
Living with a Spanish host family is the best option for people wanting to learn Spanish quickly and to learn more about Madrid's culture and customs.
Characteristics of our Host Families (Homestays)
All of our host families have experience in hosting international students. We know them all personally and we know their reasons for to host students. We regularly visit them to maintain a good relationship and to ensure that the high quality standards we require continue to be adhered to.
In order to ensure that we select the most appropriate host family for you we ask that you tell us your particular preferences. We want to know what characteristics you would like your host family to have (children, pets, location, non-smokers etc.) and if you have any particular requirements (Internet access, private bathroom, eating habits etc.). Once we have all your information, our dedicated Accommodation Advisory team will consult our database of Spanish Host Families and select the one which bests meets your requirement.
PRICES PER PERSON (IN €)
Half Board (Breakfast and either lunch or dinner)
Note : there is an additional cost of 42€ per week for a private bathroom.
Check-in in all accommodation is only possible between 1pm and no later than at 11pm. Check-out by 12pm.